*

14.10.08

morning linkage

Good morning! Back in Oslo and hard at work. Some quick links for you:

Fantastic video by Talking Points Memo comparing McCain's promises of a clean campaign to the unbelievable sludge we've been seeing. The soundtrack is the limbo song "How Low Can You Go".

*

This American Life has had two interesting broadcasts on what is causing the financial crisis. The second one is called "Another Frightening Show About the Economy".

*

Another autobiographical essay by Paul Krugman: "Incidents From My Career".

*

John Cleese on Michael Sarah Palin. "I used to think Michael Palin was the funniest Palin on Earth."

*

Btw, I'm sorry if my blog is too US-centric these days. It's just hard to focus on other stuff in here when all the blogs & newspapers I read are in hyperdrive covering the presidential campaigns. I am reading and thinking about other things, but they aren't as topical. Maybe I'll try to write more about them later in the month.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mikkel said...

Stop being so goddamn morgenfrisk

October 14, 2008 7:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Python Illuminati is taking over. Sarah Palin is most probably an incarnation of the Norwegian Blue and Terry Jones' doppelgänger is already at power in the UK. No wonder John Cleese is laughing.

Or as someone at BoingBoing put it:

"Palin's more lifelike than McCain's wife but neither of them would pass the Turing test."

October 15, 2008 12:00 am  
Blogger mrtn said...

Mikkel: I'm trying. But my woman gets up at a quarter past six, and it's hard to stay asleep when she turns on the morning news.

Anonymous: That actually makes the last few years of foreign policy make a LOT more sense. I suspect that Bush is just the Lumberjack guy or the "it's just a flesh wound"-knight in the Holy Grail.

October 15, 2008 7:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home