*

18.10.08

BREAKING NEWS: I make the international news

Ok, so when I say breaking news, I actually mean news that's stale like five days old fish. But my name features prominently, only 17 paragraphs into this Swedish Reuters story from five days ago about Paul Krugman: Bush critic Krugman wins 2008 Nobel* for economics. The money quote:
He said news of the prize took him by surprise. "I took the call stark naked as I was about to step into the shower," he told a news conference at Princeton on Monday afternoon.**

[just kidding - that's not the money quote. Here it comes]:

(...)

Readers of Krugman's blog posted hundreds of comments congratulating him as an accessible voice of common sense.

"Sometimes it feels as though you are the only sane person in America," said a writer who identified himself as Martin Gruner Larsen.
I am now prepared to reveal that this writer, who identified himself as Martin Gruner Larsen, is in fact me, Martin Grüner Larsen. I like to be incognito like that without the umlaut. Wait, except when I'm using the umlaut, like here, in the quoted comment (#42 - I was quoted because I got the news early, because I have my ear to the ground and my nose to the wind).

In short: these snooty (and Swedish) Reuters people have to learn to phone their work in like the rest of us. Whatever happened to just copy/pasting my comment into the "post" field like the bloggers do? Stoop to our level here, people.

I would also like to take this opportunity to assure my American readers that while I obviously don't think they are sane - and reading the blog of some Norwegian person isn't helping - I don't hold that against them in any way.

* Guys, it's the Swedish Riksbank Prize in memory of... Oh, you don't care either? Ok.

** I quoted that only because I had already used the term "money quote" - I might as well go all the way.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger suttonhoo said...

I'm going to try not to take this the wrong way -- writes a person from america.

October 19, 2008 3:16 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

No no, see, I don't hold it against you.

October 19, 2008 5:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. Kgl

October 20, 2008 10:53 pm  
Blogger suttonhoo said...

which part -- being an american or being insane?

October 21, 2008 4:34 am  
Blogger mrtn said...

There's a difference? :P

October 21, 2008 9:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home