*

22.7.08

Also: water is wet

I'm covering an international media conference in Stockholm for my newspaper. The first presentation I went to this morning was monumentally unhelpful. I swear, this is word for word off the powerpoint slide:
Summary and conclusion

- Football is intertwined with national aspects.
- Jewish-Arab tensions are linked to the Arab-Palestinian conflict.
- Israeli national identity is never far removed from a religious Jewish identity.
As I'm typing this, a Japanese anime fantasy girl walks past. She's like something out of some twisted Japanese teenage fantasy. All got up in a pink schoolgirl uniform and pigtails with the shortest skirt in the history of skirts, cleavage down to her navel and makeup that she applied with a caulding gun, making innocent "what are you all looking at?"-eyes at the room. I feel like I just landed in a David Lynch movie.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Trygve Svensson said...

This will make fantastic headlines Martin!

My guess is that the next ppt will include this bulletpoint:

"Climat crisis has lead to increased focus on enviromental issues in the media in the perioden 2006-2008"

Something to write home about!

July 22, 2008 12:41 pm  
Blogger suttonhoo said...

thanks for reporting from the front lines.

somebody's gotta do it.

July 22, 2008 2:44 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

It's a mediated job, but somebody's got to experience it.

Later, I am going to a seminar on the sudden increase of tsunami coverage in late 2004/early 2005.

July 22, 2008 4:22 pm  
Blogger Peter Larsen said...

Welcome to my world ... and, eh, I told you, didn't I?

July 22, 2008 8:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home