*

6.11.07

Waterboarders & Freeloaders

Here's a couple of resources on the totally humane non-torture or at the very least kinder, gentler torture that our allies are doing: Waterboarding.org and the blogpost "Waterboarding is torture... period."

What's the definition of terrorism again? Wanting to subvert democratic values through killing and inflicting pain and suffering?

* * *

Data on the sales record of In Rainbows is now available online. It turns out there was a far higher percentage of freeloaders than expected. Being a senseless optimist, I feel that I should point out that Radiohead is a huge band with a huge following. If they were a small, local band doing the same thing, I suspect the number of people who would pay would go up dramatically. But then again, I also believe that mankind is not born inherently evil, so what do I know?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mankind is born inherently cheap.

November 06, 2007 2:05 pm  
Blogger suttonhoo said...

cheap & cruel it seems.

(I want my country back so bad. I don't even know how to handle the shame and horror associated with being the citizen of a country that is having this conversation. Torture is not negotiable, it's not acceptable, EVER, and the government that can't see that has some serious styes in its eyes.)

November 06, 2007 2:48 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

S: Point well taken. On the other hand, we're also born wanting to spend our time mostly sucking our thumb. We have a tendency to learn stuff, if the world wants us to learn stuff.

Suttonhoo: I feel your pain, as opposed to the dead white men in office.

November 06, 2007 6:19 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

I'm commenting from my phone for the first time. I didn't even know that I could. Weird.

"A day apart from you. Only that would be torture."

November 06, 2007 7:30 pm  
Blogger Susanne Christensen said...

Radiohead bore me to death.

November 06, 2007 8:58 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

Susanne: that's ok. You're entitled to my opinion.

Mikkel: Seriously? I didn't know you could do that either. How do u do do u do the things that u do?

November 07, 2007 4:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home