*

23.4.06

Lactose intolerance

Hmm. By the by, I'm terribly sorry about the absence of posts here recently. I've completely forgotten to tell you that just as we were finishing Prosopopeia, and hence I needed my computer the most, I accidentally poured a glass of milk into my laptop. My keyboard developed an acute case of lactose intolerance, and has been taken to the milkman. I don't like sitting in computer labs, so most of my online time is for important stuff like writing emails, surfing other blogs, and playing flash animated strip poker. I expect to be back up and running within the week. Until then, even R's new mac is out of town. Oh, and she's gone too. So I have no computer at home. Aaah! The frustration! The loneliness!

Today, as I was peeking out the window, I saw a woman in a bright red coat walking through the weedy and muddy field behind my house. There was what appeared to be a garden gnome in the discarded couch under the tree there. Another woman was filming her. The woman with the camera instructed her in a waddly sort of bird-dance walk through the tall brown grass. They followed each other around using this silly walk. I walked past them a few minutes later, and now a man and a small child had materialised. They were standing in a straight line, the four of them. Apparently waiting for something. It looked like something out of a Murakami novel.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gaute said...

Do you manipulate the time stamps in order to give top billing to certain posts? And, if so, doesn't that undermine your blog's fundamental blogginess?

April 24, 2006 12:47 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

I'm just trying to give you, the reader, the reading experience you so richly deserve. This manipulation of the actual chain of events is for your own safety and enjoyment. Carry on, citizen. Ignorance is strength. War is Peace. Freedom is slavery.

But seriously, folks: my blog's fundamental blogginess is already undermined by being a text. All digital text in particular has infinite plasticity.

April 25, 2006 5:52 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

I meant to continue: so why not use the publishing platform I have, in order to give you the text I want you to read?

April 25, 2006 5:53 pm  
Blogger Gaute said...

Thin edge of the wedge, I tell ya. Soon you'll be using gratuitous, risqué stock photos and misleading first paragraphs to lure the punters in.

April 28, 2006 3:43 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

The only thing that's stopping me is not having enough control over the Blogger tool yet. What's the blog equivalent of a Page 3 girl, anyway?

April 28, 2006 3:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home