*

11.8.05

I didn't comment on the Hiroshima memorial day, but in respect for the hundreds of thousand innocent, civilian dead, and what surely must be one of the greatest single-act war crimes of all time, I thought I'd share this fascinating little howler: my number one candidate for most insensitive post ever. This guy says: "Served you right, motherfuckers, now let that be a lesson to you." That's a direct quote.

This sort of language is all over American right-wing blogs. "You brought it on yourselves", "that's what you get", "that's the price you pay" etc. I propose the following rule of political discourse: you are not allowed to say things this big unless you actually fully understand what you're saying. For instance: unless you are capable of saying it directly to the face of each and every one of the victims.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gaute said...

Petty, vengeful minds tend to veer to the right, for some reason. Go figure, as they say.

August 12, 2005 10:33 am  
Blogger mrtn said...

Well, sure. It's not that I like left-wing politics. I just find right-wingers to be unpleasant, with bad B.O and lousy taste in clothes.

August 12, 2005 10:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home