*

5.12.04

Let me just, as an aside here, say that I am so happy the Ukrainean crisis seems to have been resolved. I'm happy because for the first time in the history of the former USSR, a judicial body showed integrity. I'm happy because I haven't seen such a powerful will to democracy in a long, long time, and it was clearly time for it in Ukraine. I'm happy that US-Russia tensions have a chance at being resolved, because for a moment there, I thought we were going back to cold war status. But mostly, I'm happy because the people finally seem to have understood the rule that "anyone who is trying to keep the vote from being properly implemented is per definition not your friend." I don't understand that certain other countries of considerably greater size and relative democratic proficiency are having trouble understanding this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blog ho said...

Resolved? Is it? As of today it still looked askew.

December 05, 2004 6:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home