*

17.10.04

Blood

It's been so long since I've seen my own blood in any significant quantity that I've pretty much forgotten what it feels like and looks like and tastes like. When I got a nosebleed just now (from banging my nose against a bathroom doorframe accidentally) the blood on the white tiles of the bathroom seemed like a movie prop. Like it was too real. Too much like real blood to be real blood. Absurd.

And it seemed to come out in ridiculous quantities, too. I used up reams of paper getting it to dry, and it just kept pouring out, getting on everything, dripping into my mouth, through my beard, getting everywhere. It looked like I killed someone out there before I finished.

In the middle of it all, I saw for the first time my no.1. candidate for best bathroom grafitti in the University so far:

"If you're alone right now, why not just start singing?"

So I did. I sang "I get a kick out of you." I'm glad noone came in and wondered who kicked me. Or even worse, heard the part that goes:

some they may go for cocaine
i’m sure that if, I took even one sniff
it would bore me terrifically too
but I get a kick out of you.

1 Comments:

Blogger mrtn said...

I'm glad that my bleeding amuses you.

October 22, 2004 6:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home